Sunday, August 1, 2010

Being With Good Friends

It is one of my favorite things!

Tonight I went over to a house that my friend, Sarah, was watching. Sarah and her boyfriend, Colin, made dinner for our recently married friends, Mickey and Ally, and myself. We enjoyed a delicious meal and our conversation was fluidly moving between spiritual and mundane. It didn't matter that all of us are at different life stages. We're friends. Just a real picture of breaking bread together (We didn't have bread, I'm using this purely as an expression).

This is the kind of hanging out that I have come to love. A time when friends are honest with one another. Sure, we joke and laugh. That is who we are but you can't be around these people without hearing them speak about what pulls at their hearts.

I am blessed to know so many good friends that I can have these kinds of nights with.

No comments:

Post a Comment