Thursday, August 12, 2010

High School Reunion of Sorts

So I went out for a friends birthday. She wanted to go to this place called the Stampede.

I have literally heard nothing but bad things about it but I put my reservations aside and went out. I don't think I can accurately describe this bar. It is suppose to be a country bar but I immediately knew I was in for something more than that when I got there because, not to be racist, but there were a lot of ethnicities other than white. (Come on, how often have you seen a black guy rock out to Toby Keith? Or a Latina killing it on the dance floor to the Zac Brown Band). This was the most eclectic group of people I have ever seen at one bar at one time. People ranged from straight up cowboys, to thugs, to frat boys sporting ed hardy, to women with outfits so slutty I thought it was Halloween. Aside from all the diversity, there also seemed to be a large concentration of women who were taller than 6'. Crazy. So many tall women.

As the night went on I kept running into more and more people from high school; some I talked to but I had the awkward we-know-each-other-but-are-choosing-to-act-like-we-don't glances with most.

To top off the evening some black girl touched my butt and the club played Black Eyed Peas "My Humps."

Dear Ladies Night at The Stampede,

Never again.

Love, Greg

1 comment: