Monday, August 30, 2010

Random Thoughts

Missed a post last night. Went out in Denver and didn't get home till 3:15 and was too tired to do anything but sleep. A super fun night but I ran into some peeps from high school - my least favorite part of living back home.

Went to the Broncos game tonight with my dad (we won!). This might be my fav perk of moving home: getting to cash in on our season tickets

I found myself really missing friends from college today. Stalked them on fb then felt better about things.

I'm slowly but surely getting more and more anxious about the job possibility in Parker. I just want to know so I can get on with life. I'm bored of waiting.

I think my computer died today, it gave me a good 5+ years. I will be using my parents until I have money for a new one. That might take a while.

Today I can't stop thinking about what my life would be like if I were hired in Shawnee Mission. I don't hate anything about those thoughts except, of course, that they aren't reality.

I haven't been to a real church since I've been back. I don't like the church I went to in high school anymore and I'm pretty sure that I don't want to make a new community.

Hmm. I just read these straight through and realized that maybe I am not at peace with where I am as much as I thought I was. I don't know why. I do really like Aurora and the people around Denver that I hang out with. I guess I hate that I am still in an inbetween stage; I'm not in college, I'm not employed, I don't have a plan that I can control, I'm waiting and growing impatient.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. Nuff said right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. greg--your feelings are so valid and so real. i think the thing that stuck out most to me was "i'm pretty sure i don't want to make a new community". I felt like that for a long time--and I made it through grad school with out it--but does God want us to be in a new community? tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete