Monday, August 2, 2010

Tried Something New

Tonight I was really bored. I know when I'm really bored because I start thinking of crazy things to do just to entertain myself. Normal boredom leaves me with some sort of snack sitting in front of the TV trying to find visual stimulation (like right now: I have popped a bag of kettle corn and I'm watching Snatch). I noticed that my dog, Buddy, was getting a bit shaggy and in need of grooming; this looked like a job for me. I couldn't find any hair clippers so I used the next best thing: a beard trimmer.

I brought Buddy upstairs and gave him a bath. Now came the difficult part. I already knew he hated the hair dryer so I thought using it until he was pissed and then switching to the clippers and using them until he was pissed was a good cyclical game plan. When I was just finishing up his back I realized that I was going to have to shave his "swimsuit area" and became instantly uncomfortable. For some reason I felt like I was about to violate my dog, touching him in "sensitive" places he did not want to be touched was just unsettling. Shortly after these thoughts Buddy was getting restless and increasingly agitated about this little project of mine. We came to a breaking point when he started biting the clippers.

I decided to let him free. He sprinted around the house showing off his fresh new look: A shaved back and hind quarters with shaggy, unkempt legs, belly, and face. Its like a dog mullet, business on top party everywhere else.

If I had a working camera I would show you my work of art.

I will try and finish tomorrow but I might need to work on improving my friendship with Buddy for longer than a day before I use those clippers within 20 feet of him.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha! "Swimsuit area", I believe that's referred to as his bikini line. And the "business on top, party everywhere else" line had me laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete