Saturday, August 21, 2010

Going To The Movies!

I remember vividly my Friday and Saturday nights going to the Mann Chinese Movie Theater in Middle School. These memories came flooding back tonight when I went to see The Other Guys (I really liked it, fyi). As I left the movie, there was a hoard of Middle School kids just hanging out; those were the days! At least in my experience going to the movies rarely included actually watching a movie. We would run around, maybe go get McDonald's or Village Inn, try to sneak into the movies (always unsuccessful). You know, we just generally acted like we were the coolest people to walk the Earth. The theater at Southland's that we went to was quite a bit classier than my old stomping ground but there was one glaring difference, which just happened to be my favorite part. The security, aka the rent a cop who was watching this cluster of hormones as if it were destined to break out into a riot at any second.


No comments:

Post a Comment