Monday, August 9, 2010

PUPPIES!!!

I want one so bad. I literally check this at least every Friday to see if there are any cute puppies to adopt.

For the entire week leading up to my birthday I started dropping subtle hints to my parents that all I wanted was a puppy. OK, they weren't subtle at all; I just flat out asked them at least once a day for a puppy. I knew in my head that it wouldn't work out but my heart wanted it so bad (kinda the same way I feel about Tebow coming to the Broncos).

My birthday rolled around and I legit looked through the house to see if my parents had stealthily hidden a little bundle of joy in some strange corner of the house. They did not.

My desire for a puppy is not anything new. I have always loved animals and wanted a dog in college but knew that there was no way I could afford it. During the last few years I have started to think about what I am going to name my first dog and I think I've finally figured it out.

Before the big reveal, I am going to provide a bit of background. A friend of mine has a cat, her name is Jessica. I think this is hilarious. People names for animals. Literally, perfect. But I wouldn't want a super current name, maybs something a little more old school.

To tie it all together, I thought of incorporating friends names. Not as an insult but as an ode to my appreciation of them in my life.

OK, the moment you have all been waiting for: Roberta and I would call her Bonnie. Bonnie Butters Brinck. I already cleared this with Natalie and she is on board. Bonnie is on my list of top mom's that I love who are not my own. (This is probs only funny to about 2 people who read this but I figured it was worth sharing with the other 3 of you).

Hopefully in the next 6 months I will be posting pictures of little Bonnie (Roberta) Butters Brinck

No comments:

Post a Comment