Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cooking

I really do like to cook but I hate spending money on food. Living at home has been perfect because I go shopping with my mom on the weekends and pick up food that I want but don't have to buy.

I realize what a blessing my parents are to me. I mean, they are letting me stay here for free! I try my best to serve them by keeping my stuff picked up, cleaning the house, and cooking dinner or at least helping every night.

I know my parents have seen a huge change in me from my high school self to the person I am today. I want so desperately for them to realize that the change is not merely from "growing up." It is a choice that I have made to try to live my life as Jesus lived His. And I know I don't do that well all the time or even most of the time but I chose it because when the day is done, Jesus' love for me is enough. I wish my family could experience peace as I have known it. A peace which transcends all understanding.

I am hopeful that my time at home is not just a stepping stone in my life; that this year+ would be a significant time for me to share my faith with my family.

2 comments:

  1. greg! i love the blog. you make me laugh. thanks for sharing your thoughts. have you figured out how to put up pictures?! i would love to see some :)
    your devoted follower, kristi (and tim and sammy j.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,

    Yes, I can do pictures but my camera broke about a year ago and my mom's is currently "misplaced." haha. I will post pictures when I get a working camera.

    ReplyDelete