Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Found A New Hobby!!

Its true, I have a new hobby but it makes me feel like an old woman.

Canning. I loved all sorts of jams and preserves and various sorts of pickled veggies so it checks out.

Today, I made my first batch of the strawberry jam my grandma makes. I took a picture or two but the camera is downstairs and I am far too lazy to go get it now. The jam has to take some more time to set but should be ready to enjoy tomorrow evening! This is more or less the test run of my abilities. If it turns out well, I will keep pursuing; if not, I will have convinced my parents to waste $15 on the canning supplies. (That might be my favorite thing about this new little hobby, Suze loves it and pays for it!)

I have already been searching for other recipes. Next on the list is a peach mustard compote and possibly some pickled asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment