Monday, August 9, 2010

Today Felt Like High School

*Sorry for missing a post last night although I'm not convinced anymore is actually reading this blog that regularly. Regardless, no excuses, I should have posted.*

So I pretty much just bummed around today not doing much of anything. The only real responsibility I had was to mow a person's lawn, who lives just down the street. Loading the mower into our truck and driving a block and a half away took me back to the summer before my junior year of high school. I ran my own lawn care service and would frequently drive the same rout I took today. As I drove home I passed some neighborhood friends and some parents, waving as I drove.

To top it all off my friends Mickey and Ally were having a post marriage wedding party thing. It turned out to be a bit of a neighborhood get together + some relatives. For some reason I decided to walk down there instead of taking a car (I had not done this since middle school; it was nice). A lot of good friends and more than a few jokes on my poor decisions at the aforementioned wedding.

All of that aside, I feel like moving home has made me feel like I'm back in high school again. Almost as if I have lost my sense of independence from my family that I was so prideful about during college. Maybe its just because I am unemployed but I believe that I'd be in the same place even if I had a job.

Just some thoughts. No real conclusions.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the high school thing. I think it would be the same if you still lived in the same city you went to college in too.

    Oh, and I read this quite frequently. It's usually one of the best parts of my day.

    ReplyDelete