Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TV With Larry And A Not So Adult Sleep Schedule

I think one of my favorite things about living at home is watching TV with my dad. Surprisingly, we have very similar taste. Tonight the Sugar Bowl was on and considering my dad is both an Ohio State fan and a college football fan in general, this took precedence. Perfect. Fortunately, my Dad always switches to other shows between plays and during commercials. His choices for the evening: Paula Abdul's new dancing show and Biggest Loser.

After watching a few performances on Paula's show my Dad decided that no one knew how to dance and that the show was not worth watching anymore (hilarious mostly because Larry literally hates dancing and has zero authority over it but don't tell him, he apparently thinks he is an expert). This left us with Biggest Loser as our sole alternate.

Watching this confirmed my Dad's love hate relationship with reality TV. He hates all of the added drama and suspense; I know this because every time the show goes to commercial on a cliff hanger he says "Yeah, like we care." But you better believe that he will not miss the resolution after the break. Just really funny to me.

In other news, I have gotten into a pretty poor sleep schedule. Currently and for the last 3 or so days I have fallen asleep around 2am and have been out the door by 7am work for the morning then lunch and a little more work before finding myself on the chair with a heated blanket (I just discovered the joy of a heated blanket this week, fyi). This for sure leads to a nap which is always intended to last only an hour. Not surprisingly I always end up asleep for at least 2. With New Staff coming up on Thursday I'm wondering if I can maintain this sleep schedule or if I will be forced to conform to the more traditional sleep at night and no nap. I hope not. Napping is one of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment