Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is this College?

I'm pretty sure that New Staff is just code for reliving the college glory days. In preparation to go up here I had to finish a freaking paper. Now this wasn't a very hard paper and the book it was over wasn't exactly challenging but for some reason I could not find the motivation to write it. I sat down around 10pm and tried to write; obviously, that didn't go too well. I found myself browsing the internet for anything that could distract me from work. Midnight rolls around and I realize that it is time to really get started so I work a good hour and next thing I know I'm in the car driving to McDonald's. Side note: I was driving my brother's car complete with an interlock (breathalyzer to make sure you are super sober before it will start, hilar). I decide to throw in the towel around 2am with a whole page written. Just like college, I woke up at 6 and busted out the paper in a little less than 2 hours.

Now that I am here it feels so much more like a dorm than a cabin. I have space and I can use my computer and I'm not surrounded by 16 smelly high school students. On top of that, the club room is a classroom (I'm really hoping that I'm not the first person to fall asleep in class because it almost happened tonight).

The best insight that has been revealed to me is that one of my roomies is on staff in Las Vegas and talked about the best buffets Vegas has to offer for about 5 minutes. We are destined to be friends. I'm not sure he knows it yet but I couldn't be more confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment