Saturday, January 15, 2011

Of Course

Not surprisingly, in almost all 8 hours of class today, we talked at some point about forgiveness. I was sitting there trying not to hear a lot of things that I really needed to. That only worked for maybe the first hour of class. In the next 7 hours, the thing that stood out the most was during our discussion of the community issues presented in Matthew 18. Essentially, forgiveness is not an option within the community Jesus calls us to. Well, shit. I apparently have some work to do (We can chat about cussing tomorrow).

Yesterday I wanted so badly for these people to acknowledge my pain. I even called my self out for being selfish and stubborn but didn't feel like I was crazy for saying that. After spending some good time with Jesus it has become apparent that I have appointed myself Judge of this situation; a place I never want to be.

I'm pretty sure that tomorrow I am going to apologize for my judgment. This isn't a tactic to search for pity; I honestly think it might bring healing on both sides.


Menu:

Breakfast: Sausage rolled in Pancakes, Yogurt with Granola
Lunch: Burritos, Churros
Dinner: Pork, Asparagus, Potato Gratin, Cheddar Biscuits, Oreo Ice Cream Pies

No comments:

Post a Comment