Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tubing!!!

Tonight on our schedule was "Epic Free time." They told us at dinner that after our Quiz we would be heading to the tubing hill in Fraser. Now, I really like tubing but after a few times it gets a little boring. Luckily, my new friend, Brit and I were willing to try and shake things up a little. We did some tube switching between runs of everyone linked together. It was fun and all but we ended up at the same place we were before: kinda bored. As we stood getting pulled up the hill on the magic carpet, we landed on a new idea. Tandem Stand!

The plan was to hold our tube with one hand and our other hands would be holding each other. Starting on our knees we would then slowly stand up when we made it to the middle of the run. Everything was going fine until we hit the hump on the run. This threw our balance a little and we both fell off our tubes: rolling and laughing down the hill. Catching my breath, I grabbed my tube to head back to the hill and there she was. The small lady in orange running toward Brit and I telling us we were done.

Shoot! I apologized and told her that my glasses were at the top (they were) so she let me take one more run. I made it down the hill and then had to take the walk of shame back to the bus to wait for everyone to finish having fun.

I wish I could say that this is the first time I've ever been kicked out of this kind of establishment but that would be a lie.

Menu:

Breakfast: Egg Casserole, Cinnamon Rolls, Yogurt with Granola
Lunch: Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Salad Bar, Cookie Bar
Dinner: Chicken Enchiladas, Rice, Salad, Peach Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment