Friday, January 21, 2011

Home

It is so nice to be home. I missed my bed and dogs and good coffee and no class and TV and fast internet and lots of other things. But as happy as I am to be home, I knew I was walking back into challenging times with YL. Since I left for NST, I have lost almost half of my leaders and have been dealing with some internal conflict (hopefully it got worked out today).

I can't remember who said it at NST but someone said "you will want to quit before the year is over." I think I might have set the record for the staff associate who felt that first. The day after I came home. I knew this semester was going to be hard but I wasn't expecting it to be quite the mess it is turning into. Such is life in full time ministry, I guess.

Sorry to be Debby Downer but I had two difficult conversations today (about 4 hours apart but at the same coffee shop). Each time I found myself fighting back tears; today has just been overwhelming.

I know the Lord has huge plans for Parker but sometimes you have to wander around in the desert before you find the promised land. I am too accustom to the culture of instant gratification and need to recognize that the Lord doesn't operate on this system. I trust His plans but today was just freaking hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment