Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Friends

I knew that coming to New Staff would mean a lot of new friends. I was excited about this but what I was most excited for was getting to know the other Staff Associates from the Front Range Region. We only get to spend 3 hours with one another every month and there just isnt enough time to get to know each other. In the last few days we have gone from mostly acquaintances to friends.

I can't remember if I have blogged about this yet or not but it has been so strange to feel like an outsider at regional events. Some people were welcoming but for the most part, I felt like I had to initiate conversation to feel like I was even a part of the region. Things have for sure improved since the first few events but they can still be super awkward at times. I'm thankful for the other Associates and how we've bonded so well over the last couple days.

Outside of the associates from the Front Range, I have met a lot of really awesome people from all over but mostly Chicago. I blame this on Butts in a good way. She was great about inviting me in with her friends. Unfortunately for her, this has caused me to reevaluate who my favorite person from Chicago is and its totally Kelly.


Menu:

First, I was wrong about last night's dessert. It was a brownie not a chocolate cookie. My b.

Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy, Yogurt and Granola, Banana
Lunch: Cold Cut Sandwich, Pickel, Salad Bar, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Rice Crispy Treat x2 (duh)
Dinner: Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Salad, Beans, Dirt x2 (duh)

2 comments: