Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lunch Meetings

As an unemployed person, I have become a pro at the lunch meeting/hang out. It is the ideal time to see employed friends during the day. 1) They are most likely willing to take some extra time to hang out than a normal lunch and 2) sometimes after work people just want some alone time. To top it all off, I don't have a job or schedule in general so I am always free.

Today I had lunch with Sean. He is my old Young Life leader and friend. It has been so fun to move from being his YL kid to a friend and peer. The best part is that he has been so supportive of my journey towards staff (YL and him had a falling out when I was in college).

Tomorrow, I will be having lunch with the Committee Chair from Parker. He sounded very excited about having lunch and discussing the future. I don't want to get my hopes up but maybs tomorrow's post will be the excited ramblings of an employed person.

1 comment: