Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hiring Process

Today I met with the Regional Director for lunch. We went over the assessment I took earlier and discussed some of my traits that might not line up with the typical YL staff person. I loved that I was given a chance to discuss my strengths and weaknesses that the assessment showed (they were pretty dead on, fyi) instead of them being analyzed solely by the RD. During our time together I was told the region's uncertainty in placing me in Parker. They just aren't sure it is the perfect fit and it was stressed that I should be placed somewhere I would thrive and not somewhere that was just open. So, I guess its a little more of a waiting game to see if I am a good fit. I pray that the right person is placed in Parker and that the area would grow to be a healthy and financially stable community. If nothing else, it was great to feel cared for by a region during my interview process and to hear how loved I am by the people I chose to be references.

1 comment:

  1. I trust that there is something out there for you that will allow you to work from your strengths. Sounds like they're approaching the situation very wisely and respectfully to you. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete