Saturday, September 18, 2010

3G, Football, and Swords

Sorry for being quite inconsistent in my posting. I will try and post more regularly and since I have a working laptop again, it should be easier.

I have now entered the world of 3G. I am the proud owner of the Droid X. It was on back order when I (aka Suze) purchased it on Tuesday and wasn't set to ship until the 22nd. But in a nice turn of events the doorbell rang Friday afternoon and it just happened to be the FedEx guy with my phone! I promptly went to the Verizon store to have them activate it and so I could purchase a case. Remember when cases for phones were super lame? I do and I had to differentiate a case for an old flip phone and one for a super fancy smart phone before I was comfortable paying money for it. While I was browsing the rows of special cases the salesman told me there was a deal that if you get 2 accessories, you get 20% off the total. I'm a sucker and walked away with a case which I wanted/needed and a car charger which is totally unnecessary. At least I got 20% off?

Today I sat around and watched football all day. It was perfect. And I even found a new show on discovery. One of the things I like most about watching football on TV is that you can pretty much watch an entire other show at the same time just by turning the channel between plays. Swords: Life on the Line is right up my alley. It profiles commercial sword fisherman just like deadliest catch but for sword fish not crabs. There is a little bit of drama but a whole lot of fish killing. Its funny to me that shows like Whale Wars and that other dolphin one can be on the same channel as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment