Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kansas!

Sorry for the missed posts this weekend, I was in Kansas.

It was wonderful. I will recap it for you:

Derek, Ken and Tim got to my house around noonish Friday and we started the drive. 8 hours in a car goes by so much faster with good friends. After a little bit we decided the responsible thing to do would be to download a game on my new phone for all of us to take turns playing. We decided on kitten cannon (best 99 cents I've spent) and took turns playing. Once you got over 1,000 feet you had to pass it off. I will admit that I sucked at first because coordinating the timing while driving was quite difficult. We rolled up to Lawrence around 10 and went our separate ways. I ended up at the Jazz House to listen to a new band, Quiet Corral. That night I stayed at Evan's and made the mistake of sharing a bed with Mafro. He snores. A lot.

Saturday might have been my favorite day in a long time. Started with breakfast at Derek's parents house. Then we went to play ultimate frisbee (Old Dewds vs. Current) and lost. I blame it on our lack or organization when it came to subbing not the fact that on average we are more out of shape. A quick shower then it was off to Jefferson's for lunch before hitting up Anderson family tailgate. Watched a cold and victorious KU game unfortunately dressed for warmer weather. We ended the Old vs. Current Dewd challenge with kickball. This time we won. I played well: scored one of our two runs and sat down in the infield when we were on defense. We capped the night at the Red Lyon.

It was a short 4 hour night before I got up to meet Wendy and Dave for church. After church we went to a new place, Beer Kitchen. Three words: Bacon Bloody Mary. Delicious, I just wish it was garnished with more than one strip of bacon. One strip is NEVER enough. Quickly made my way back to Lawrence to pick everyone up before hitting the road again.

This weekend was perfect but as much fun as it was I know where I am in CO is the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment