Monday, September 27, 2010

Hospitals

I don't like hospitals.

Tonight after club a bunch of us went to the hospital because one of our kids was in the ER. They aren't sure what is wrong but he is in quite a bit of pain (they are thinking maybe appendix or kidney stones?). It was so cool to see high school kids rally around him, I was blessed to witness it. Although this was awesome to see , I don't like hospitals.

I feel strange going to hospitals when I'm not sick. Its like I'm rubbing it in to everyone else how healthy I am. This is probably a crazy mindset but I can't escape it. Not only that but my heart breaks for people who are sick and in pain. Tonight we were in the pediatric ward and there was a seizure announcement. My mind was flooded with images of a child scared and confused surrounded by concerned doctors and loving parents. I'm getting teary just thinking about it again. I couldn't do anything but pray for that child and his/her family.

Jesus, thanks for my health and my families health. You have blessed me in ways that I don't deserve. I give you Nick tonight, be with him and his family as he goes through this and give the doctors the knowledge to diagnose him quickly. I also pray for the child who had a seizure and his/her family. Father, be with all of them and heal them.

No comments:

Post a Comment