Friday, September 10, 2010

Leadership Weekend

So I start my job today.

In a little more than an hour I will be in a car heading up to Crooked Creek with my new area! I am really excited but also nervous because I was just thrown into an area without really knowing much about the people there. Well, I guess it is more having extremely limited interactions with them. Now I am expected to be the Area Director, a position I thought was going to take years to get. I know I have the skills to thrive at this but there isn't any easing into it. I'm just in.

In my limited time (a day) of preparation I have come to the conclusion that this weekend will just be a great chance for us to get to know each other. And on the spiritual side, I'm gonna let the Holy Spirit take over and just wing it. I want the leaders to get to know my heart for kids and build trust that I can lead this area.

So, lets just say this weekend might be the very definition of "winging it"

1 comment: