Monday, July 26, 2010

Marathon

Now, before you freak out, I am not going to try and run a marathon. That ship has already sailed.

I am referring to TV shows that come on in marathon form. It usually happens sometime in the week preceding the shows season opener so you can either catch up on the last season or be newly introduced to the show. If I'm being honest, I have spent days of my life lounging around watching the trashiest of TV shows in marathon form. Shows I don't even like will suck me in and convince me that there is nothing better to do than sit on the couch taking in the sights and sounds of terrible reality TV.

Today was slightly different because the marathon was of Bio's show I Survived.... I had never seen it before but tonight was the premier of its 5th season so the day was full of old episodes. It profiles anywhere between 2 and 4 people's encounters with near death experiences each episode. Some are complete accidents (car crash, stranded hiker, etc.) but most are people surviving attempted murder.

I usually don't go for shows like this. They make me a little paranoid (the fact that 2 of the stories happened in Aurora didn't help this) and I am fully aware of the Sin in the world and don't need or want to be reminded of it. It makes me physically ache just hearing about the pain and hurt in people's lives but for some reason I could not turn it off. I still don't know why but I do know that I have a new show that I will be watching every week. I will let you know if I figure out why this show is so appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment