Friday, July 23, 2010

Hobbies

I am in desperate need of some hobbies.

I knew that the burbs were going to be a lot more boring than a college town but I'm not quite sure I was ready for this level of mundane.

I have already started doing yoga in the mornings. Well, today was my first day and i like the stretching but could do without the awkward semi spiritual talk. I'm going to mute it and listen to something else.

I also bought my first house plant. We could argue about whether this is a hobby or not but I'm counting it.

So, I've got two things that take up about an hour of time (max) each day. Which leaves me with about 12-16 hours to fill.

Suggestions are welcome.

I guess I could start more actively job searching but that is for another post.

3 comments:

  1. I've found myself doing a lot of random things for the sake of having something funny to blog about. So next time Suze invites you to sweat along with her to the oldies...you go for it (and then blog about it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. favorite quote from this one. "I also bought my first house plant. We could argue about whether this is a hobby or not but I'm counting it." - perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my work schedule leaves a lot of free time, I picked up a book on strength training (highly recommended by a gym-rat that I work with). I knocked out the book in just over a week, changed a lot of perceptions of the gym.

    ReplyDelete