Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life in the Burbs

Since I now live in physical isolation from all of the people I love in Kansas and elsewhere, I figured it was time to create a blog so that these friends can keep up with my extravagant lifestyle. That and inspiration from Hattie

Speaking of extravagant, these are a few things I have realized during my short time back in Aurora:

1) My 5 years in college DID NOT prepare me for the real world. Seriously, I'm under qualified for every job I have applied for. My career really is dependent on Young Life or grad school.

2) There is no shame in telling people that I am an unemployed college grad living with my parents. Everyone I tell has either done that themselves or understands the nature of this economy. I just let them keep thinking that its the economy and not so much the first point.

3) I am more prideful than I had previously thought. I guess living with my older brother who currently doesn't have a degree or a license (second DUI) but has a job will do that to you.

4) Graduating college is not the milestone that stops your parents from speaking to you like you're in middle school. Maybe marriage? Dang, this might take a while.

I will try to update this thing daily but I make no promises. At this point, I have time to update it 20 times a day but I don't exactly have the content.

2 comments:

  1. I started "following" your blog, I hope that I get updates when you update... I guess we shall soon find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get into reviewing things. Maybe review things that people would see every day and ask themselves, "I wonder what that is like?"

    For example: Go to walmart, and buy one of everything (or just one thing) that has the tag "new" on it, then review it.

    I know from personal experience, a new flavor of mountain dew comes out about every other week.

    ReplyDelete