Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wyld Life

So tonight (YES TONIGHT!)
Sorry, just got done with club and I'm still in that mood. We had an awesome halloween club where almost all the kids dressed up. I wasn't sure what to be but I have come to find that putting together a last minute costume is much easier with access to my parents closet. The clear choice was for me to be a nerd.
Everything was going fine then the old area director showed up unannounced. I didn't know what to do so I just played it cool and welcomed him and his family but on the inside I had the all too familiar sense of insecurity filling me. On some level I felt like I was being judged and was nervous that my additions to club would be seen as lame and unnecessary. I distinctly remember watching their reactions to things instead of enjoying club fully. I mean at one point during the game I found myself laughing because two boys fell over from spinning too much only to see looks of concern on their faces. Did I do something wrong? Was my game too aggressive? Am I even a good leader?
I had to talk myself down the rest of the evening and after club the old ad told me I did a good job. I think he was telling the truth and appreciated his affirmation. I'm not mad or bitter that he was there, in fact I understand his desire to see club.
There are still days that I miss shawnee mission and specifically the guys at northwest. Every now and then one of them will write on my facebook wall. It makes my day, ever time. If I were close by, dropping in on club would be a must.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment