Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fire

I got an email today from my YL region that Crooked Creek Ranch is in danger of a forest fire. The fire is about 300 acres and is less than a mile away from CCR; to make matters worse, it is 0% contained.

I was up there just a few weeks ago for Leadership Camp and there are so many dead trees in that area. I remember thinking that the forest department should try to start controlled burns before there is a huge fire that burns out of control throughout the mountains. That being said, I am by no means an expert on fires and I'm not even sure you can do controlled burns in the mountains. I have just felt like there was little being done to deal with all the dead trees.

I pray this fire doesn't grow larger than it is now and that everyone fighting it remains safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment