Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just One Of Those Days

My alarm went off at 6:50 this morning. I was planning on getting some work done before my coffee meeting with a leader in Highlands Ranch at 10. I rolled over decided being awake was so over rated, turned my alarm off, and fell back asleep. After a bit I did the "freak-out-I'm-pretty-sure-I-just-slept-through-something-important" wake up. Thankfully, it was only 9 and still had plenty of time to get ready before my meeting.

Th rest of the day went fine until around 5 when I was ready to leave for Wyld Life club. I remembered that I had to upload a few videos onto my computer to show to the club so in the 10 spare minutes I pulled out the flash drive containing them. I opened them up and for some reason they would not play. Awesome. I could not figure it out and had to give up around 5:30 to make sure I wasn't late to club. I was down the street already when I remembered my ipod was in m room. Can't have club without music so I turned around. I got to the same spot out of the neighborhood and remembered the banquet flyers were on my desk so I turned around. Now it is 5:45 and there is no time to get the supplies I needed for club so on the drive I started thinking of new games to play that didn't require anything.

I made it to the club house right at 6, perfectly on time and started to unload my car. When I got to the trunk, there was no sound system. Awesome. I forgot that I took it out of the car Tuesday because I had to make room for my mom's suitcase. Club started in less than an hour and it would take me at least 30 minutes round trip. I decided to risk the traffic and retrieve the stranded sound system.

I made it back just in time to finish setting everything up before the kids got there. Club was awesome and is just more evidence that I am the most easily entertained person ever. My current favorite club quote came during the raffle. The question I asked the winner was "what's your favorite mythical creature?" and a 7th grade boy from the crowd yelled as loud as he could "UNICORNS!!!" It was so funny that I buckled over laughing and it took me a few seconds to regain my composure.

No comments:

Post a Comment