Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Weekend

Not surprisingly, every time I came home this weekend it was far too late and I was far too tired to try and throw together a post.

We all know that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love being creative with my costume and dressing up in general. The only problem was that this year I had literally no idea what I wanted to be. I've never really been one to work/plan ahead but I was even cutting it close for my standards. It was Halloween day and I was stuck. I did my normal round of Goodwill/Wal-Mart/Spirit to look for some inspiration but nothing was working for me. Naturally, I headed home and took a nap. I woke up an hour later and it hit me.

Gingerbread man!

It now became a race against the clock to gather the materials and create the costume. By the time I got home, I had just over 3 hours to make it and let it dry before I would be out the door to the Cooke St. girls party (super fun, btw).

I enlisted Suze's help and got it done.

The only thing left to do was the makeup. I painted my face gingerbread (brown) with a white icing smile and eyes. I walked downstairs with makeup but without the costume and Suze's response was "You look like aunt Jemima." Hilar. Love that woman.


My phone isn't working or I would post a photo.


2 comments:

  1. haha! I love it! Maybe you should have ditched the gingerbread outfit for a dress and gone as ole Auntie! :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shout out to the cook st. girls! HOLLER!

    ReplyDelete