Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving/Black Friday

Yep, its my second favorite time of the year.

It all Wednesday night. We make the stuffing and pumpkin cheesecake while drinking wine.

Thanksgiving day at the Brinck household is quite the tradition. First, you have to know that we aren't exactly a formal family. Basically, if you shower on Thanksgiving you have gone above and beyond all expectations.

I got to Larry and Suze's around 10am for some delicious Monkey Bread (cinnamon sugar biscuits). Now, nap time. Things pick back up around noon when its time to prepare the Turkey for the oven. In the past few years I've taken on a more prominent role in the kitchen, AKA I make pretty much everything. We don't do anything special with the bird. Just cover it in butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and rosemary. Put all the chopped veggies (onions, celery, and carrots) in the pan the pop er in the oven. This is also the time we start the stock for the giblet gravy.

Now we nap and watch some football.

We start up again around 4:30 prepping everything else for the sides. Kaluha yams, mashed potatoes, bacon and shallot green beans, and rolls.

Dinner is at 6 and we feast!

The only problem is that I've been snacking so much on everything I've been eating that I can only eat one full plate of food.

Nap. Clean. Dessert.

Bed.

Black Friday.

We are sometimes the crazy get in line at 3am people but this year no one wanted a door buster so Suze and I went to the mall around 10:30 for a day of shopping. This basically turned into me picking out everything I want for Christmas and having Suze buy it. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment