Thursday, November 3, 2011

Community Realitiess

I've been working in Parker for a little over a year now and have yet to find a community here.

I have tons of great friends in Denver and a few scattered around the metro but really no one in Parker. Now, I haven't been the most proactive about creating a community here but everyone I've run into that is close to my age isn't in the same life stage as me. I'm literally the only single person living in Parker who is out of college.

Having come to this realization, I look forward to the nights I get to escape to Denver to hang out with friends there, specifically Thursday Happy Hour on weeks I don't have Wyldlife campaigners. Tonight my mind was blown and another reality came to light... Most of my HH friends are either married or dating. Ugh!

For all those marrieds out there, I have nothing against you. I love my married friends but I don't desire to try and build relationships with couples. Its just...awkward. I will gladly be friends with people who then date and get married but until I am part of a couple I won't pursue couple friends.

Now, if that isn't enough, two weeks ago I was hanging out with a few of my other married guy friends (including my old YL leader) and they were heckling me about being single. Jerks. They came to the conclusion that the next logical step in my life is online dating and they were convinced that I would give up the control of that page.

Has my life really come to the point where my only option is online dating and that its so bad I shouldn't have control of that page.

I love the people I hang out with but if I am going to avoid putting all my chickens in the online dating basket I'm going to need to find new single friends. And more for my own sanity I need some single guy friends to hang out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment