Monday, December 12, 2011

Field Staff/ Service Center

Every Monday, I get a copy of YL's Monday Mornings which is a mission wide email that is full of little diddies about being a YL leader. This also includes a spotlight on a job opening each week. Today made me ashamed of my organization.

"Administrative Assistant to the Director of the Office of the President"

To me that reads: Denny's secretary's secretary. Really? There is enough work that your secretary needs a secretary? Obviously I inquired further and checked out some of the job description.

Here are a few of the responsibilities listed:

Upkeep of the Office of the President — supplies and refrigerator.
In-office lunches.
Desk preparation for the president and DOP.
Maintain a positive, warm, personable manner with flexibility and a desire to answer "Yes!" to all requests if possible

And... you don't need a college degree.

Hilarious. But the sad part: they probably make more than me and get those sweet YL benefits without worrying about their area moving into deficit. The cherry on top: no fundraising. Womp womp. Maybe this is one of those reasons some field staff don't love the service center. Jobs like this make me mad when I look at the 22ish% service charge that goes out of my account each month to pay for their salaries and services.

1 comment: